Itchy rash. Typically one gets a very itchy blistering rash in the areas which contacted the poison ivy. But one can even transfer the oils to other parts of the body if not careful. Scratching makes things worse so don't do it! Some people don't react; they're very lucky! And if you wash the oils off quickly (within 15 minutes), you may not react. Use cool water and good gentle soap.
Poison ivy. Signs and symptoms of a poison ivy rash include: redness, itching, swelling, blisters, often, the rash looks like a straight line because of the way the plant brushes against the skin. But if you come into contact with a piece of clothing or pet fur that has urushiol on it, the rash may be more spread out.