What are the risks of turning a baby that is breech with a anterior placenta?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: More difficult
The risk of causing an abnormality in the baby's heart rate is the same regardless of where the placenta is.
An anterior placenta makes turning the baby a little more challenging because it is in between the doctor's hands and the baby.

In brief: More difficult
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Raj Syal
In brief: Placenta seperation
I do not perform external versions on patients with an anterior placenta.
The risk is that during the attempts to rotate the baby, the placenta may be seperated from the uterine attachment--a very big emergency. An anterior placenta also cushions the baby and makes it more difficult to rotate the baby.

In brief: Placenta seperation
Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Jonathan Jassey