What symptoms should I look for if I have an abdominal aortic aneurysm?

Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: None

An abdominal aortic aneurysm is usually silent and has no symptoms until it is beginning to expand or rupture.
If you have a family history or are a hypertensive smoker you should be checked. In most cases this involves an ultrasound of the aorta which is a simple screening test.

In brief: None

Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Pain

Typically asymptomatic , but any mid abdominal pain / back pain , feeling of pulsatile mass , family history of aortic aneurysms all warrant to be checked by your physician who probably will order a duplex ultrasound.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Marsha Davis