What are the symptoms of warts caused by HPV in the mouth?

Perineal warts are. Caused by hpv 16, 18. No oral/pharyngeal warts, but oropharyngeal cancers. Infection seems relatively innocuous, it's the long term risk. There is not a clinical test to discern pharyngeal incorporation into dna...That would require biopsy. The p-16 protein may be detectable, but may not be specific for hpv.
Rarely seen. These strains can cause small warts at the junction of the fleshy part of the lips and the normal skin, but are rarely seen & usually mean the patient has a defective immune system (as in AIDS). They can also cause vocal cord nodules in kids exposed to genital warts during a vaginal delivery, arising up to a few years after birth.