What are the symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome and how can I address them?

Depends. Thoracic outlet syndrome is compression of the nerve, artery, and vein at the thoracic outlet at the base of the neck. This can occur because of an extra rib, thickened muscles, or a previous collar bone fracture. The classic symptoms are neurologic, with the classic finding a decrease in arterial pressure with arm elevation. If there is no swelling or discoloration, venous obstruction is unlikely.
Thoracic outlet. Symptoms include vague pain in the upper arm and axilla. Frequently, numbness is felt into the hand, especially into the little and ring finger. Pain is usually exacerbated when the arms are placed at or above shoulder level. Diagnosis can be difficult. Initial treatment is pt. Results of surgery are unpredictable.