2 weeks ago gyn found a "mass" on my left ovary. Ultrasound couldn't even find the ovary. Pap results abnormal. Colposcopy soon. My belly is v bloated?

Dr. Anthony Filly
Radiology

In brief: Consider MRI

If your doc is sure there is a mass (or at least pretty convinced), ultrasound should be able to see it although not always.
Would consider MRI for better eval. If that is negative, then i would trust that.

In brief: Consider MRI

Dr. Anthony Filly
Dr. Anthony Filly
Dr. Casey Younkin

In brief: Bowel?

This might be your colon, stool in your large intestine.
Sometimes that can feel like a mass. Ultrasound should find your ovary, if it is enlarged. The next step would be to have a ct scan with oral and maybe IV contrast enhancement to see better. None of this has anything to do with pap smear results or colposcopy findings.

In brief: Bowel?

Dr. Casey Younkin
Dr. Casey Younkin
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham