What are some treatment options for a 2 year old with hip dysplasia who's acetabulum is not developing 5 months after her spica was removed?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I think the best

Things for this two years old to have pelvic osteotomy to get the acetabulum deeper and get cover for the head of the femur.

In brief: I think the best

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. George Gantsoudes
Orthopedic Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: It depends

Depending on the level of severity of acetabular dysplasia, the options range from observation to osteotomies (reshaping the pelvis).
When my patients are concerned about the progress of the hip in dysplasia, i encourage the family to seek a second opinion. This can help the families to be more comfortable with the treatment plan. You can go to www.Posna.Org to find a local pediatric orthopaedist.

In brief: It depends

Dr. George Gantsoudes
Dr. George Gantsoudes
Dr. Jonathan Jassey