Appx what percentage develop a stricture after surgery 4 colon/bladder fistula & diverticulitis? Is the balloon treatment (dillation?)very successful?

In brief: Not frequent

If stricture develops may be due to recurrences of disease, balloon dilation may help, will require resection for better out come.

In brief: Not frequent

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery

In brief: Not often

To be honest in 14 years of doing this operating I have seen, maybe one stricture and yes balloon treatment can be effective depending on severity of the stricture and length.
The other question is the trimming for the stricture. How log after surgery. If it was immediate after surgery then this is a technical issue and not scarring.

In brief: Not often

Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery