I have a what I think might be a bruise on my left leg the size of a quarter. And it has small purple spider veins around it, but hard to see? Why?

Dr. Brock Ridenour
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Two possibilities

It is common to find a bruise on the leg and yet not remember the injury that caused it.
This becomes more common with age and with the use of Aspirin and other anticoagulants. If the bruise persists, it may not be a bruise but a cluster of dilated capillaries known as telangectasias. These are caused by backflow through an incompetant deep vein and are treated by laser or sclerotherapy.

In brief: Two possibilities

Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Hemorrhage

Sv can spontaneously rupture beneath the skin resulting in a stinging sensation, then subsequent bruising is noted from the hemorrhage of the small vein.
Local trauma may do the same thing. The sv become difficult to see because of the bruise, which is blood released for the ruptured vein escaping into the underlying tissue.

In brief: Hemorrhage

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe

In brief: Bruise like vein

Brises on leg looks like vein get ultrasound of leg looks like vein.

In brief: Bruise like vein

Dr. Nick (Donald) Morrison
Dr. Nick (Donald) Morrison