Pain in r elbow radiating into my forearm when I straighten it. What can it be and what can I do to relieve the pain?

Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends

If the pain is medial and goes into your ring and little finger, it's probably cubital tunnel syndrome, which is a pinched nerve on the inside of the elbow.
If its the outside of the elbow, it may be tennis elbow syndrome. Both should be treated with rest and anti-inflammatory medication, but if it keeps hurting see a doctor.

In brief: It depends

Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: Bursitis?

It could be bursitis or tendonitis.
Use cold compresses and try an antiinflammmatory, such as ibuprofed or naproxen.

In brief: Bursitis?

It could be bursitis or tendonitis.
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Vikram Patel