Can a biopsy show how aggressive squamous cell carcinoma of the skin is?

Yes. The borders, the extent of invasion, the depth of invasion, if there is perineural (around nerves), intravascular (within vessels), mitoses (number of division bodies), and if there is necrosis (cell death): these are all measures of how agressive a cancer is.
Excision BETTER. A complete excision (cut out) will provide the precise pathology of a skin cancer. The problem with biopsy is a 'sampling error' may miss the exact pathology.