What could a slight bulge 6 inches above my right outside ankle be? No pain, feels like a water pocket. Not right under my skin.

In brief: Cyst
Can be a cyst which is a fluid filled mass.
Location plays an important part in the diagnosis. If necessary, the mass can be aspirated and the fluid sent for microscopic exam.

In brief: Cyst
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Normal anatomy
It is a perforation through the fascia of the lower leg through which passes the superficial peroneal nerve.
In some folks this perforation can be slightly larger than others, allowing a slight bulge of tissue, mostly fatty tissue, to extend outward. Unless painful, no worries.

In brief: Normal anatomy
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
In brief: Evaluation
This should be evaluated by a specialist, through possible imaging such as x-ray or MRI depending on the nature of the findings.

In brief: Evaluation
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee