Should my lactose-intolerant husband find an alternative to soy milk? I don't quite know what to make of all the negative soy press lately.

In brief: Lactose-free milk
Milk lovers no longer have to stop drinking cow milk when they become lactose intolerant.
Lactose-free milk used to be hard to find in the stores (mainly lactaid brand), but in the last 10 years, every american grocery store has it, in all the cities. If living in a small town, or out of the U.S., just use lactaid tablets. One can always carry some tablets, and take one with every glass of milk.

In brief: Lactose-free milk
Dr. Arnon Rubin