What are the benefits of kegel exercises?

Strengthen muscles. Pelvic floor exercises help to improve the tone and strength of the pelvic floor muscles, thus helping with pelvic organ support. This will decrease risk of pelvic relaxation, uterine descent, bladder descent, urinary incontinence, and helps to promote healing and comfort after pelvic surgery or childbirth. For more info: http://macobgyn.Com/drpl/node/74.
Many! Kegel exercises are designed to restore the tone of the pelvic muscles supporting the bladder and reproductive organs. Just like weight-lifting can build your biceps, the proper contracting of the pelvic muscles against resistance can improve bladder control and support. Diy guides abound, but it is best to visit a physical therapist trained in kegel therapy to get started in the right direction.