What can I do to continue weight loss I am on complete bed rest for back surgery.I lost 50 before surgery don't want to gain? Please advise.

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics
In brief: Small healthy meals
After back surgery or when you can't exercise much, it is good to focus on small healthy meals.
Think veggies (carrots, celery, peas, and green beans. Ear small healthy meals every 3-5 hours. Avoid unhealthy chips, crackers, etc. Build in arm or leg or core exercises that improve well-being and metabolism. Enlist help. Ask your care-giver to be strong and help keep you on a healthy diet.

In brief: Small healthy meals
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
In brief: Eat less
If you reduce activity then reduce calorie intake.

In brief: Eat less
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
In brief: Limit
Limit your carbohydrate and fat calories.
Move arms and legs in bed for 15 min at a time. Ask your back surgeon what you can and can not do.

In brief: Limit
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery