What would be a better choice I regards to fixing a two year olds front tooth? Have it pulled and deal with the no tooth til 8 or baby root canal?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Have it pulled
In the long run it would be better to have it pulled rather than have a root canal, in my opinion.

In brief: Have it pulled
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Baby teeth
Best to have the teeth filled and preserve them till the child is older to avoid orthodontic issues that can result due to early loss of the tooth.
This can at times require a root canal.

In brief: Baby teeth
This can at times require a root canal.
Dr. Gregori Kurtzman
Dr. Gregori Kurtzman
Dr. BHARAT RAKSHAK
Dentistry
In brief: Appropriate treatmen
Keeping these teeth after appropriate treatment will prevent speech problems, drifting of side teeth, delayed eruption of permanent teeth due to fibrosis in gums which might require surgery , and personality problems due to lower self esteem and pear teasing.

In brief: Appropriate treatmen
Dr. BHARAT RAKSHAK
Dr. BHARAT RAKSHAK
Dr. Reena Gupta
Dentistry
In brief: See a pedodontist
If could be saved than would recommend getting pulpotomy and a crown or fill whatever treatment dentist recommended.
.And save the tooth as the permanent teeth will not errupt till age of 6 to 8 years...Not only would be helpful with chewing but also help with cosmetic.

In brief: See a pedodontist
Dr. Reena Gupta
Dr. Reena Gupta
In brief: Save if restorable
If your dentist deems your 2 year old's front tooth savable, i'd suggest you move forward and have the baby tooth root canal and corresponding restoration.
It wouldn't normally be that traumatic procedure and that baby tooth holds the spot for the adult from tooth and it might also damage your child's self esteem as they get older. I'd only consider pulling if the tooth is beyond fixing.

In brief: Save if restorable
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Shontae Buffington