My 3yr old came home from daycare with very red eyes. No discharge in his eyes. Should I be worried about pink eye?

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Ophthalmology
"pinkeye", or conjunctivitis, is a very common problem in daycare centers and school.
It is often highly contagious, and spreads by touching. There does not have to be discharge for this to be conjunctivitis. Many case are viral, and self limited (go away by themselves) but an exam with a doctor, pediatrician or ophthalmologist, is advised to confirm the diagnosis and see if treatment is required.

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Possibly
It is conjunctivitis and needs treatment.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale