I have a stabbing pain in my ear a few times a day.?

MAYBE REFERRED pain. Up to 40% of ear pain (otalgia) is not ear related. The most common causes of non-ear otalgia overall are: TMJ , tonsillitis eustachian tube dysfunction, throat problems (infection or tumor) cervical spine (neck) disease recommend getting seen to check the ear for an obvious cause or 'referred pain' possibility.
TMD? You may have a problem with your jaw joint. When teeth contact in a way that forces your jaw backwards, some people have ear pain. See you dentist for an evaluation.