My sister thinks I should keep my baby's umbilical cord stump for our baby album. Isn't that overdoing it?

Dr. Leto Quarles
In brief: Some people do
Once the cord stump dries up and falls off, it's harmless and some people do keep it for a memento.
What to keep in a baby box or album is a very personal decision, and also varies with culture. If keeping the cord stump grosses you out, maybe you'd feel more comfortable with hospital id bands or other non-organic keepsakes. But dried cord stump poses no risk of carrying infections or anything bad.

In brief: Some people do
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
I suggest the first lock of hair, a first outfit or some similar material.
Saving dead tissue borders on being unsanitary and is a bit much.Most only go overboard for the first kid, buying a book but not filling it out for the second, and not buying the book for the third. It's silly but people do it.

Dr. Shontae Buffington