My mom wants to be paid for watching my baby. What should I do? Is that weird?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Does she need cash?
Generally grandmoms are thrilled to take care of their grandchildren and also help out their own child.
Does your mom insist on payment and refuses to help otherwise? Does she have a cash need and feels she can get this from you because you can afford it and it keeps her from begging? Otherwise i agree, it would be weird.

In brief: Does she need cash?
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
In brief: She makes her rules
It sounds like there are family issues that may benefit from counseling.
Does your mom approve of your situation? Does she have other needs/activities that watching baby would interfere with? Does she need some cash ?This is not a chat room, so if you want to submit other questions feel free to.However, they are not linked.

In brief: She makes her rules
Dr. Cindy Juster