My 9-month-old still wants to nurse every three hours at night. How can I successfully stop this?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Frequent nursing
You could contact the la leche league---google it.
Ask for help and you will get great advice and it is free. Also talk with your pediatrician during your next check up.

In brief: Frequent nursing
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Feed as baby wakes
If your baby has paired feeding with settling to sleep, you need to rework the pattern.
Get baby to feed as s/he wakes , followed by body maintenance, playtime & put down when tired to sleep without re-feeding( even if fussy). Allow no more than 2 hours for day naps before waking at the breast and continue the pattern. At night, feed as baby wakes, change & put down still awake. Sit close if needed.

In brief: Feed as baby wakes
Dr. Jonathan Jassey