I have a pain in my lower left side of abdomen. It comes and goes. I am currently 27 weeks.

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Depends on how often
Perhaps bowel.
Recurrent cramping pain, especially if accompanied by hardening of the uterus, might be early labor. Only evaluation by OB provider and monitoring can determine what. In many cases, preterm labor occurs in women with no known risk factors or history of premature birth. So any woman with pain that 'comes and goes' should notify her OB provider or go to labor & delivery for evaluation.

In brief: Depends on how often
Perhaps bowel.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Christopher Chong
In brief: Round ligament pain
Most common is round ligament pain.
Avoid lifting, try to move slowly and do not get up suddenly. If pain persists, please have your obstetrician evalaute and make sure there is no hernia at the groin. Dr. Chong.

In brief: Round ligament pain
Most common is round ligament pain.
Dr. Christopher Chong
Dr. Christopher Chong
In brief: See your doc
This is probably a benign pain related to the pregnancy, but see your doc and get it checked out.

In brief: See your doc
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Adam Levy