How many times a day should I feed my 8 month old solids?

Dr. Julia Sundel

In brief: 3

Your baby can have 3 meals a day.
Try to get 4 tbsp of cereal, 4 tbsp veggies, 4 tbsp of fruit and 1 tbsp of meat or protein each day.

In brief: 3

Your baby can have 3 meals a day.
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: No One Knows !

I generally advise instituting a 3 meal a day pattern, for no other reason than that is what we generally do in this country.
And I am trying to help the baby adapt to that schedule for future family meal time.There is no research data proving that this is the only way or even the correct one. Thus whatever helps keep the baby healthy and happy, and minimizes family stress is fine.

In brief: No One Knows !

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Brkfast Lunch Dinner

An 8 month old can sit in a high chair at the dining table and have some baby food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If the baby is handles baby food just fine, and has normal poops, then some solid food can be given at the snack times between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and dinner.

In brief: Brkfast Lunch Dinner