How should I handle my relatives who don't approve of breastfeeding?

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

In brief: EDUCATE

There are a whole host of reasons why breastfeeding is best for the baby and the mother. Search on google and you can find scores of reasons.
One suggested reply, " I have researched this issue and have decided that this is the best thing for myself and my baby. Besides it is the natural biologic function for my body." "this might not be right for everybody, but it is right for me and my baby.".

In brief: EDUCATE

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

In brief: See below

Let them know that breast milk is the best food for your baby.
And, it is not their decision. It is a decision between you and dad. If they do not understand and accept, too bad.

In brief: See below

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham