How do I get my baby to drink formula after being having been breastfed?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Usually easy
Formula is usually very satisfying to an infant and the delivery system produces more volume than the breast for a given period of time.
It is usually an easy transition and difficult to reverse. Breast feeding is satisfying in number of other ways including bonding with the mom and providing warmth and security.

In brief: Usually easy
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
In brief: Dad's help
If baby can see you and smell you s/he wants the real thing.
If you want to use some bottles, have dad or someone else feed baby a bottle when they are hungry.After they get over the newness of the process you should be able to take over.

In brief: Dad's help
Dr. Jonathan Jassey