Can a baby start teething at 3 months, or is that never seen?

In brief: Teething
I go back & forth on whether teething is a real process or one we invented to explain the fussiness of a non verbal infant.
That said, some babies have teeth present at birth & some don't have teeth until ~ 15m.The hand to mouth, fist chewing, drooling, etc.Are more an expression of the joy they find in mouthing things than pain.I suppose they can teethe @ 3m if ever, but look for other pbms if fussy.

In brief: Teething
Dr. Lakhminder Sandhu
General Practice
In brief: Possible
Although the milk teeth develop when the baby is growing in the womb, the teeth only start to grow throughout the gums when the baby is 6-9 months old (although it can be before or after these ages).

In brief: Possible
Dr. Lakhminder Sandhu
Dr. Lakhminder Sandhu
Dr. Jason Clark
Dentistry - Pediatric
Teething at 3 months is normal.
You can use teething rings and damp frozen wash clothes to help your child cope with the process of erupting the new teeth. Use the appropriate amount tylenol (acetaminophen) for severe teething pain. Avoid using medications that you rub on the gums b/c it only will last for 10 to 15 minutes and will not provide lasting relief.

Teething at 3 months is normal.
Dr. Jason Clark
Dr. Jason Clark
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Early
But not unheard of.
Most children begin to get their first baby teeth (lower central incisors) at 6-9 months. Talk to your Pediatrician for advice as to how to sooth your child when he/she is teething. 1st Dental appointment should correspond with 1st b'day. Recommend that you see a Pediatric Dental Specialist, a Pedodontist, for all the same reasons you see a Pediatric Medical Specialist.

In brief: Early
But not unheard of.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman