At what age can I begin giving my baby juice and water?

In brief: Do not need juice!

Infants need breast milk or formula for the first 6 months of life, however if you live in a hot climate or are outdoors with the baby always carry water with you so you can offer it in these instances.
Babies need the good calories in milk and not the "empty" sugar calories of juice. Sugary drinks never quench thirst.

In brief: Do not need juice!

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy

In brief: Not necessary

Juices are an oversold product that provides plenty of sugar & sweet stimulus to babies.
They may program the brain to seek it in excess over a lifetime and lead to obesity.Apple in the form of a sauce/orange as a wedge are less processed & give a blend of protein and fiber that are better for babies. Juices are basically like giving a kid a coke.

In brief: Not necessary

Dr. Jonathan Jassey