What's the difference between zyban, wellbutrin (bupropion)?

Dr. Byron Law-Yone
In brief: None
Same chemical -- can be used as an antidepressant or for smoking cessation.
I guess "zyban" is more appealing to the macho male smoker who does not want to take an "antidepressant ! ".

In brief: None
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Mark Shukhman
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Little
Diffent official indications and wellbutrin (bupropion) comes in extended release forms.

In brief: Little
Dr. Mark Shukhman
Dr. Mark Shukhman
Dr. Mark Shukhman
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Not really
The same compound - buproprion.
The name zyben was a marketing tool to indicate that medication is not taken for depression and to provide patients with a "support program". Also, wellbutrin (bupropion) now comes with several extended release forms; zyben is still an immediate release.

In brief: Not really
The same compound - buproprion.
Dr. Mark Shukhman
Dr. Mark Shukhman