Can a child crawl before he can sit without support?

In brief: No

A normal baby's nervous system (brain, spinal cord, nerves) and his muscles will mature in a head-to-tail pattern.
So, the neck will develop its strength, control, and coordination first. Then come the arms and shoulders. Next are the chest and abdomen. Last are the hips and legs. In order to sit alone a baby controls his abdominal muscles. Later he will crawl by controlling his leg muscles.

In brief: No

Dr. Mark Diamond

Althiugh generally this will not happen, "generally" does not mean never. There are cases of this pattern that I have seen.
It does mean that there is anything wrong with the child.

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Julia Sundel

Most babies sit up at 6 months and crawl at 8-9 months but some babies can't seem to stay in 1 place.

Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Cindy Juster