If I go to the hospital to have my baby, how much will it cost?

Dr. Steven Weissberg

In brief: It can vary greatly

There are many factors affecting the costs.
Is it a natural birth versus a cesarean birth? How long are you in labor(there are hourly costs in the labor area)? How many drugs do you require? Did you have anesthesia such as an epidural?Do you have any insurance or medicaid?

In brief: It can vary greatly

Dr. Steven Weissberg
Dr. Steven Weissberg

In brief: Depends

If one has insurance, cost will be dependent on what your out of pocket responsibilities are.
If you do not have insurance, a hospital birth will be in the 4-8 thousand dollar range. It could vary from there. Hospitals are often not well set up for cash paying patients, and may charge unreasonably high rates. If you are paying cash find out up front, and try to negotiate a lower rate if poss.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Shontae Buffington