How do I tell my boss that I want to be a stay at home mom?

Dr. Patricia Rogers

In brief: Be straightforward

Just tell your boss that you want to stay home.
In most of this country it's normal and accepted to stay home with your kids while they're small. I don't think anyone will give you a hard time, at least not to your face. When i interviewed for med school i remember one professor saying that if a woman wanted to stay home and raise her kids, she was doing something more worthwhile than medicine.

In brief: Be straightforward

Dr. Patricia Rogers
Dr. Patricia Rogers
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Be honest

Have an honest conversation with your boss about wanting to be a stay-at-home mom. It is very important especially when the children are very young for you to spend the time with them.

In brief: Be honest

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Adam Levy