Vitamin d overdose. What can help!?

Her are some tips. 1. Avoidance of direct sunlight exposure. 2. Avoidance of foods and supplements containing vitamin d. 3. Restriction of calcium intake. 4. Drinking 8 glasses of water daily.

Related Questions

What are the tests for vitamin d overdose?

Vitamin d, calcium. Excess vitamin d intake will result in an elevated vitamin d level. If the excess is significant this can result in an elevated blood calcium. Read more...
Blood Test VitD&Calc. Blood test for 25 Hydroxyvitamin and Calcium level may be high if vitamin level is high.Toxic level of vitamin D is over 100ng/dl.And very high Cacium can cause other abnormalities. Read more...

What are symptoms of a vitamin d overdose?

Rare- many symptoms. Vitamin d toxicity is quite rare- in known cases people took 40, 000 units or more a day for a long time. One would need to take millions of units to overdose. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, constipation, weakness, weight loss, tingling sensations in the mouth, confusion & heart arrhythmias. See http://www.Vitamindcouncil.Org/about-vitamin-d/what-is-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-toxicity/. Read more...

What is the definition or description of: vitamin d overdose?

Excess Vitamin D. Vitamin d toxicity is a rare but potentially serious condition due to excessive vitamin d in your body. Taking megadoses of vitamin d supplements (50, 000 international units (iu) a day or more for several months) is the usual cause. The main problem with vitamin d toxicity is high blood calcium levels that can cause poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, weakness, frequent urination and kidney problems. Read more...
C below. Hypervitamiosus d =hypercalcemia nausea-vomiting -loss of appetite , & r 2ndary 2 excessive intake of suplimental vitamin d. Mayo study saw toxicity after a few mos of injesting 50, 000 iu/day. That's a lot since anything above 2, 000 iu is not needed. Read more...

What is the treatment for vitamin d overdose?

See your doctor. The main consequence of vitamin d toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood which can cause symptoms such as poor appetite, nausea and vomiting. Weakness, frequent urination and kidney problems also may occur. Treatment includes the stopping of excessive vitamin d intake. Your doctor may also prescribe intravenous fluids and medications, such as corticosteroids or bisphosphonates. Read more...

Vitamin d overdose concern since pregnant?

Yes. Vitamin d is a fat soluble vitamin so there is a concern about overdose in pregnancy. I would ask your doctor before supplementing to see if you need it or not. Read more...

How to avoid vitamin d overdose if I like lots of milk and sun?

Enjoy in moderation! A dermatologist would likely advise you to avoid too much sunlight, to avoid skin damage and risk of skin cancer. It would be very difficult to drink enough milk to cause vitamin d overload, even if you were getting lots of sunlight. Your vitamin d level is likely to be nice and healthy! Read more...
Stop worrying. You can't get hypervitaminosis D from sunlight as there's not enough precursor in your skin and sunlight turns it off -- this self-regulates. There has never been a case of clinical vitamin D toxicity from diet. A couple of labs are labeling high vitamin D levels "toxic"; most of the pathology community thinks this is misguided. Glad you've got some good habits; sunscreen as needed. Read more...

Is it ok to take vitamin D 1000 IU daily along with Centrum multi vitamins (for over 50 years old females.).i.e Is there a risk of vitamin D overdose?

Vitamin D overdose. risk is minimal, especially at 1K IUs daily. Please see your doc to have your D level measured and then you will know how much you need. Peace and good health. Read more...