3 doctors weighed in:

Is it possible tohave a vitamin C overdose?

3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
2 doctors agree

In brief: No such thing unless

In general vitamin c is extremely safe and non-toxic and you can not overdose, in the sense of taking a quantity that would damage your health.
There is a limit to how much you can absorb, and when this amount is exceeded you won't absorb any more and it will act as a laxative.The exception is people who have a hereditary g6pd deficiency, in which high doses of IV vit c can cause hemolytic anemia.

In brief: No such thing unless

In general vitamin c is extremely safe and non-toxic and you can not overdose, in the sense of taking a quantity that would damage your health.
There is a limit to how much you can absorb, and when this amount is exceeded you won't absorb any more and it will act as a laxative.The exception is people who have a hereditary g6pd deficiency, in which high doses of IV vit c can cause hemolytic anemia.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Thank
Read more answers from doctors