How much would be a vitamin C overdose?

No such thing unless. In general vitamin c is extremely safe and non-toxic and you can not overdose, in the sense of taking a quantity that would damage your health. There is a limit to how much you can absorb, and when this amount is exceeded you won't absorb any more and it will act as a laxative.The exception is people who have a hereditary g6pd deficiency, in which high doses of IV vit c can cause hemolytic anemia.

Related Questions

Is it possible tohave a vitamin C overdose?

No such thing unless. In general vitamin c is extremely safe and non-toxic and you can not overdose, in the sense of taking a quantity that would damage your health. There is a limit to how much you can absorb, and when this amount is exceeded you won't absorb any more and it will act as a laxative.The exception is people who have a hereditary g6pd deficiency, in which high doses of IV vit c can cause hemolytic anemia. Read more...

What are the effects of vitamin C overdose?

Inconsequential . Vitamin c is water soluable, therefore amounts taken in excess of dietary needs are quickly excreted by the kidneys. Thus vitamin c has a very low toxicity. In rat studies the ld50 (dose that kills 50%) is very high. We have no data in humans to compare. One might expect diarrhea and/or abdominal cramping but nothing dangerous. If intentional overdose seek, psychiatric care immediately. Read more...
Stomach irritation. The most common side affect of too much vitamin c is stomach irritation and diarrhea. If this continues the there could be dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Usually ceasing the intake of extra vitamin c stops this. Also, there may be a chance of kidney stones if the person has a history of kidney stones. Talk to your physician about your specific vitamin c needs. Read more...

What is the definition or description of: Vitamin C overdose?

Vitamin C. If you get the runs while taking vitamin C back off about 10 % at a time until it goes away. The half-life (time in body) for C is about 12 hours and you were taking too much. Take 2 X daily rather than all at once. See your doc and get tested for vitamin levels to be certain. Peace and good health. Read more...

What are the side effects of vitamin C overdose?

Has never happened. To the best of my knowledge, vitamin c overdose in humans has never been reported. The ld50 (an estimate of how much of a substance is dangerous) of vitamin c - somewhere in the range of 850, 000 milligrams - is so high that it would be virtually impossible to physically ingest anywhere near that much of it. Read more...
Mineral deficiencies. Mega dose vitamin c can actually be dangerous. It is true that vitamin c is water soluble & you will excrete any vitamin c that you don't use. However, in order to excrete vitamin c in your urine, you must also excrete minerals as well. Therefore, excess vitamin c can lead to mineral deficiencies, especially a copper deficiency. Be very cautious in megadosing any vitamin or mineral or amino acid. Read more...