Vascular ultrasound vs. Doppler ultrasound?

Together=Duplex. Doppler involves the use of reflected sound waves to evaluate the flow of blood in vessels. Vascular ultrasound evaluates the structure and architecture of blood vessels and can be used to visualize blockages in arteries and veins. Using these together is called a duplex scan and is what vascular labs all utilize for diagnosis. Always look to see that the lab you go to is accredited by icavl!
US and Doppler. Ultrasound is the use of ultrasonic sound to image tissue. Doppler is an ultrasound term referring the Doppler effect described by HC Doppler, which uses sound waves to insonate a moving object, e.g. red blood cells in a vessel, to determine the direction of blood flow and flow velocity. Duplex uses B mode ultrasound to image tissue structure and Doppler to determine fluid flow.