What is ultrasonic liposuction used for?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Many purposes
Manynuse this for nearly all forms of liposuction because it may make it more easy to extract the fat via a process known as cavitation.
On the other hand many save it for areas of dense fat suc as male breasts, live handles, bra strap or upper back and areas of secondary liposuction. It's ability to help in the contraction of skin remains debated.

In brief: Many purposes
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Be Careful
There are many different liposuction technologies available; each claims to be better than the other. Each is also heavily marketed.
In my opinion, much more important than the specific technology used (when it comes to the surgical outcome or “effectiveness” of the procedure) is the surgeon using the “tool”. Patients are responsible to do their due diligence and select surgeon carefully.

In brief: Be Careful
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Debatable
Some doctors use ultrasonic liposuction for all their lipo cases because they bought the system. Other use it only for redos.
I don't use it at all because i really didn't see the usefulness and didn't like the higher price it would have been for my clients.

In brief: Debatable
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Good option
Ultrasonic liposuction, also referred to as vaser, is useful as an adjunct to traditional liposuction to break up areas of fibrosis.
Fibrosis is encountered after past liposuction or in areas like the back.

In brief: Good option
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo