Whats the difference between ultrashape & laser lipolysis?

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Ultrasound vs. lipo

Ultrashape is an emerging treatment that used high-focused ultrasound to melt fat cells.
Laser lipolysis is a laser-assisted liposuction type procedure. I don't believe ultra shape has been approved by the fda yet. However, other reasonable non-invasive technologies for fat cell elimination that are fda-approved include liposonix and coolsculpting.

In brief: Ultrasound vs. lipo

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: A good deal

Ultrashape uses sound waves and laser lipolysis use light (laser).
There is a flood of new devices, technologies, techniques and all sorts of brand names that purport to remove fat without downtime, surgery, bruising, etc. The simple fact is that none of them come close to the results you can get with traditional liposuction. For fat limited to a small area, some of these techniques might work for.

In brief: A good deal

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville