Dr says internal hemorrhoids. Bleed and pain with bowl movements. He didn't do colonoscopy how does he know it's not cAncer?

Painful rectal bleed. Your doctor is starting with medical therapy. Stool softeners, laxatives and local salves. If you get better then good. If the pain and bleeding continues or gets worse you may need an EXAM UNDER anesthesia with a surgeon. Then if there is a correctable problem like hemorrhoids, it will be corrected. Colonoscopy is not indicated at your age and at this point in evaluation. Be well.