Can I still wear my four year old retainer? I have gotten my wisdom teeth removed and have to lightly push to get it to fit in again...

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See yr orthodontist

When the retainer can no longer be passive to fit, that usually indicates you are ready to see your orthodontist for evaluation and determine if you need a new one.

In brief: See yr orthodontist

In brief: Most likely no

most likely you need another visit to the ortho for another fit and another retainer the shape of your teeth has changed

In brief: Most likely no

Dr. Stephen Pyle
Dentistry

If you can still get it to seat, then wear it.
If left unused for too long the teeth are likely to shift and you will not be able to wear it.

Dr. Cindy Juster