Hematometra cervical stenosis postmenopausal Ultrasound no thickening Pelvic pain Should I wait 2C if it resolves w repeatUS 6wks or D & C now Scared?

Dr. Myrtle Oates

In brief: Act Now.

Hi Debra, If you are in pain, this would push me to recommend acting surgically sooner rather than later. At 60, you should have no accumulation of blood and very little clear fluid or mucous.
Even though the Ultrasound said no thickening, I would take the opportunity to sample the lining of the uterus just to make sure. I am sure that everything will turn out fine.

In brief: Act Now.

Dr. Myrtle Oates
Dr. Myrtle Oates
Dr. Jane Van Dis