What does the drug triazolam do?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Few uses
Triazolam is usually used for short-term treatment of acute insomnia including jet lag.
It is an ideal benzodiazepine for this use, because its fast onset of action and short half-life allows its user to avoid morning drowsiness, also sometimes used as an adjuvant in medical procedures requiring anesthesia, or to reduce anxiety during brief events like MRI scans.

In brief: Few uses
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry
In brief: Dentistry Use
Triazolam is used routinely by many dentist for oral conscious sedation.
The medication is very safe when used appropriately. One of the best "side-effect" i've noticed with my patients is they have amnesia so they don't remember the procedure. I posit the patients don't mind this too much. Make sure you ask your dentist if you have questions about medications and why they are using them.

In brief: Dentistry Use
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dr. Kim Capehart