Can postpartrum depression come back?

Yes. Postpartum depression can come and go. There is evidence that the hormone changes in pregnancy and postpartum last for up to a couple of years. Add onto that the sleep changes and the new role in your life and it is a wonder that everyone isn't depressed. Talk to your doctor about getting help for depression and be sure to talk to someone right away if you have any thoughts of hurting yourself.
Yes. Any woman with a history of depression when not pregnant or with postpartum depression diagnosed by a professional should consult an experienced physician or psychologist preferably before trying to conceive. There are things that can be done to help.
Yes. Yes. It may have come back if treatment was stopped too soon. If it reoccurred, then your risk of needing a longer treatment increases. Some people need treatment for years.