My mother just passed away peacefully last week due to liver cancer and cirrhosis. Do I have to do check up? She might have breast cancer too.

Dr. Douglas Lawson

In brief: Check up

It never hurts, but it really depends on what caused her liver cancer and cirrhosis.
If it was hepatitis C that is usually transmitted sexually or thru IV drug use. Alcoholism can cause cirrhosis as well. If she had breast cancer you might want to consider genetic testing for that BRCA test (breast cancer antigen), especially if other female family members have a history of it or ovarian cancer

In brief: Check up

Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham