Every time I lay down to sleep my chest gets tighter but no wheezing but struggle to breath but I can't sleep sitting up due to chronic back pain what else can I do as it's keeping me up every night?

Dr. Louis Cooper

In brief: See doctor

you must see your doctor or visit an emergency room to evaluate breathing problems and chest tightness.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Louis Cooper
Dr. Louis Cooper
Dr. Sheila Calderon

In brief: See your doctor

You need prescription medication with inhalants to resolve this chronic problem. Your doctor or pulmonologist can get you started on the correct medications which will increase your endurance and lung capacity.
Sleep well and breathe better.

In brief: See your doctor

Sleep well and breathe better.
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Sari Nabulsi

In brief: Chest tightness

You probably need to see your doctor or to rule out asthma, acid reflux problems and check you heart.
Good luck

In brief: Chest tightness

Good luck
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine