My Gynocologist gave me an anti biotic injection into my bottom for pelvic inflammatory disease? How does he know which Antibiotic will help?

PID. or pelvic inflammatory disease is many times treated "empirically" or based on usual patterns of bacterial infections in your community. Due to the severity of this type of infection and possible complications, it is often not possible to "wait" for culture results in order to start treatment. Assuming there was an exam done and samples sent to lab, Your Doctor did the right thing!
Common STDs. There are 2 infections that are the most common cause of pelvic inflammatory disease, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. Until test results tell us the exact cause, we usually treat both (one with a shot and the other with a pill). If you had tests taken to find out which infection it was, he then knew that the shot was the appropriate treatment.