When should I be concerned with my rectocele? It's a grade 3 of 4.

Dr. Robert Harris
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: You will know
There is very little risk with an untreated rectocele.
Surgery should be based on your symptoms and how much you are bothered by them. Rectoceles can progress and worsen but this usually takes significant time and the bother issue would likely increase also so most women will know themselves when it's time for repair.

In brief: You will know
Dr. Robert Harris
Dr. Robert Harris
Dr. Charles Whiting
In brief: When its bothersome
I wouldn't worry about a rectocele until it is bothering you.
They can exist without causing problems for a long time. Surgery isn't recommended until it is causing problems. For example, when you can't empty your rectum without putting a finger in the vagina to reduce the rectocele. Pain or problems with intercourse are other examples. Best wishes!

In brief: When its bothersome
Dr. Charles Whiting
Dr. Charles Whiting
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham