At work tonight and I have Gerd or acid reflux and I am out of meds... that being said, when I take a deep breath I get a sharp pain in middle of ches?

Dr. Ward Dean
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Mastic Gum

Pain with respirations, coughing, sneezing is usually due to pleuritis (inflammation of the pleura).
The treatment is usually aspirin--but with your GERD, that might not agree with you. Try another over the counter anti-inflammatory like the herb, Boswella, from a health food store. For GERD, I recommend Mastic Gum, also from the health food store--1,000 mg/day for at least two weeks.

In brief: Mastic Gum

Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Ward Dean
Dr. Steven Seres