After protected sexual intercourse, like a week later, I noticed when I peed it burned (bladder infection?) and there was an odd odor from my vagina.

Dr. Charles Whiting

In brief: Yes,

Bladder infections are more common after intercourse, even when you are using protection from STDs.
If the burning continues, you may need an antibiotic for a bladder infection. The odor can be a vaginal infection. If it is persistent, you may need an exam and some antibiotics for that as well. If it goes away on its own, I wouldn't worry about it. Best wishes!

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Charles Whiting
Dr. Charles Whiting
Dr. Adam Levy