7yr old has 101 fever and slightly sore throat no other symptoms, what could it be?

Probably viral. Most likely vial pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat). Esp. if accompanied by runny nose, congestion, or cough. Best to just give lots of rest, liquids (w minor soreness warm is fine, cold liquids if worse), and ibuprofen (I prefer it over Tylenol) for pain. Make sure only to give it as needed for discomfort - not just for fever. If getting worse, lack of cold symptoms, higher fever c ur dr.
Likely viral... A low grade fever and mildly sore throat is likely a viral illness. You can treat her with rest, fluids, an motrin or tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain/fever and continue to watch. If the throat pain or fever increases, consider seeing your pediatrician to rule out strep throat (which would warrant an antibiotic for treatment). Feel better!
Sounds like it. could be strep throat. It also could be a virus. I would recommend you take him/her to his/her pediatrician tomorrow. The doctor can look & do a strep test; then you'll know for sure & get the proper treatment. Meanwhile make sure your child is drinking plenty of fluids & you can give ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Hope he/she feels better soon.
Please see Dr. Sore throat and fever can be caused by a number of things ranging from viruses on up. Because you never want to risk missing a strep throat, please take your child to the Dr. for evaluation (including strep testing) as soon as possible. Untreated strep can lead to rheumatic fever, which can cause permanent heart damage!
Pharyngitis. This could be pharyngitis, basically sore throat. It could be viral or bacterial. Treat the pain and fever for now. If fever persists > 48 hrs or if sore throat worsens consider strep test to r/o strep throat.