Is there a self-test for testicular cancer?

Testicular cancer. The self test you are looking for is called a physical exam! basically you must be familiar with your own body in order to notice any changes. Men are really supposed to exam their testicles once a month just as women are asked to exam their breasts once a month. Just pick a day of the month and get it done. If you feel a knot or lump see your doctor.
Scrotal exam. Scrotal self exam is probably the best test you can do at home. This can find a painless mass, which is the most common way this tumor presents. Exam with a light to shine through the mass can determine if it is a hydrocele, or water collected in the scrotum. Otherwise your doctor can order an alphafetoprotein (afp), beta human Chorionic Gonadotropin (b-hcg), chest xray, and abd.+pelv. Ct scan.